That's a little high. I probably should not have racked to secondary at all. Every smells saison-y. There was some stuff floating in the beer. I am wondering if that was just yeast or some other wild organism that made it into the fermenter. I'll know in a little while once I crack open a bottle. I ended up with only about 4.5 gallons total yield, likely due to racking loss.
For an early Christmas, my parents bought me another amber ale kit. I will use this as batch 6 instead of the Free Beer project, since I don't have the equipment to do all-grain brewing.
I did replace my hydrometer; the new one has a built-in thermometer too! I am also receiving a secondhand stir plate for making yeast starters tomorrow, hopefully.
crossposted from The Hydrogen Project