saison racked to secondary

Tonight I racked the saison to secondary, as the recipe recommended. Those keeping score will notice that I only have a single fermenting vessel. What I did was rack it to the bottling bucket temporarily while I cleaned and sanitized the fermenter, then racked the beer back to the fermenter. The recipe said to get rid of the sediment. I hope I didn't clear all the yeast out of the wort. I need to get the brewing store soon to pick up a new hydrometer so I can test that things are moving along properly.

crossposted from The Hydrogen Project

This entry was posted in Beer, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply